Friday, March 9, 2012

Tues Dec 6- Rhombus

Students started the day with name practice and then we played with the train set and magnets. I was taking each child aside to work on how to draw a rhombus and they did a great job all by themselves. Logan was our star and she helped with circle time. We jumped like a kangaroo to 15. I also counted up to Christmas to see how many more days it is until the big the day anyone who would like to join me can. We practiced the sound of the letter “K” by being Karate Kids and doing the “K” sound to kicks! The kids love this and I pretend right along with them. After snack time, we talked about the rhombus or diamonds. I call it rhombus in class because that is what they call it in school and I want to get the children familiar with that name. I had made a big rhombus on the floor with tape and had the kids sit on the side. We read our diamond poem and talked about how a rhombus is made. I showed them that two triangles together make a rhombus. I had all the kids walk the rhombus so they can see how it is made-just on a larger scale. We also stamped rhombuses on our rhombus page. I did this activity individually and the other students looked at our new December books in the library. As a class, the children had to color and find the rhombuses hidden on the page. For letter time, we read the story Kangaroo Kazoo and we practiced our sound again for Kk. This story was sent home so you can share it with your child again. I stamped each child’s hand with the letter K and we were finished for the day.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: